Experience 8 Years +
We have been engaged to identify am experienced Functional Architect to assure the standardisation and optimisation of our client’s group business processes, develop the solution and justify to our client when to adapt to standard solutions. The role forms part of the group architecture function which work together to ensure that all our clients’ group business processes and solutions align to business strategy with minimal cost and risk.
The Functional Architect will serve as permanent member of the Design Control Board (and any other Programme based design authorities as they arise) and ensure all work (including business improvement/projects/programmes) adheres to the Business Process Management Standard and all Business Process Artefacts are updated in timely fashion.
The ideal candidate would have had experience managing multiple business units in multiple locations and demonstrate the ability to understand issues domestically and internationally and communicate effectively with clients.
With experience in finance, controlling and planning in multi-site manufacturing or heavy process industry, you will be responsible for ensuring all work is consistent with other Architecture Standards and contribute to the ongoing development of Architecture Standards and Roadmap
Some of your other responsibilities include:
- Proactively manage Architecture risks & issues on demand and ensure Architecture Quality plans/activities are up to date, completed and adhered to.
- Build relationships with relevant business process leaders and also stays current with industry best practice and solutions to ensure our client maximizes its investment in IT
- Provide clear and consistent advice and analysis on the impacts of any technology change with respect to the current process architecture. Analyse costs, benefits, risks, issues, interdependencies
- Work with other architects to develop, review and approve Functional Design Specifications
- Performance management and development of all direct reports and temporary project resources aligned to company policies and frameworks
- Higher Technical or Financial Education preferred
- 5-10 years functional experience of finance, controlling and planning in multi-site manufacturing or heavy process industry
- Project Management Certified either PRINCE 2 or PMP or equivalent qualification
- Architectural certifications such as TOGAF, AWS. CTA, ITIL Zachman an added advantage but not a necessity
- 3-5 years’ experience of ERP and /or EAM as Core/Power User
- Strong knowledge of core business process integration points of finance with procurement/production and other processes
Essential Candidate Competencies & Attributes
- Excellent consulting skills.
- Excellent client management and business literacy skills.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues.
- Manage multiple business units in multiple locations.
- Manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- Ability to understand issues domestically and internationally and communicate effectively with clients.
- Be flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels.
- Be self-directed and motivated.
- Take initiative to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation