Experience 10 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
We have been engaged to recruit for a Senior Test Manager to lead the test activities for the IT solution which underpins the programme (comprising integration of Financial/Procurement, EAM and Operations technology platforms via an integration bus). The role leads the definition of company testing strategy, sets up and maintains a first-class testing capability.
As the Senior Test Manager you will be responsible for defining and implementing the overall company Test Strategy to ensure that it; works effectively within the programme team to determine which types of testing (e.g. non-functional, UAT) are required and aligns the business and IT test phases. You will also ensure that all test phases have appropriate entry / exit criteria and monitors achievement of these criteria. Defines the business solution acceptance criteria and obtains sign-off against these prior to go-live
As the Lead Test Manager you would understand the overall programme benefits and how the delivered solution impacts these; selects appropriate test approaches (e.g. risk-based) to ensure delivery of benefits is not compromised and create and maintain demand/supply for test resource and negotiates where demand outweighs supply.
Some of your other responsibilities include:
- Ensuring effective issue escalation to senior management where there is a significant threat to delivery
- Defining roles and responsibilities for the test team including specific responsibility for production of all test deliverables.
- Recruiting new resources and coach and develop team members as appropriate
- Implementing a well-structured approach to test defect management and incident reporting
- Working with IT to ensure the availability of appropriate test environments and data.
- Owning and resolving issues around the technical solution delivered into the business test environment
- Contributing to the definition of the cut-over approach, is key to the go / no-go decision-making process and supports the solution through the Programme bubble support period
- Determining whether test phases will be automated and selects and implements appropriate test tools. Produces the overall test delivery plan defining the business and IT test deliverable milestones, test tasks and activities; tracks progress against this and implements strategies to recover slippage.
- Monitoring and reporting the status and progress of all testing and works within the overall programme governance contributing to formal reviews at appropriate points in the programme lifecycle
- 10 years minimum IT industry experience with at least 5 years in a senior test engineer or lead role
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computing Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related
- ISEB or other formal training / certification in testing is desirable
- Experience of heavy process industries and/or asset intensive industries
- Experience of testing ERP & Enterprise Asset Management Solutions
- Experience of Service Oriented Architectures & internet technologies (e.g. j2ee, .NET)
- Experience with Enterprise test management tools
- Knowledge of testing automation tools and techniques
- Knowledge of SDLC , and project methodologies (Prince2, Agile)
- Person specification
- Good diplomacy, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and supportive team player…willing to do hands-on testing as required
- Dynamic, clear and flexible thinker.
- Ability to understand and communicate highly complex issues to all levels
- Diligent with a focus on detail and accuracy.
- Able to use initiative and work to tight deadlines under pressure.
- A passion for Software Testing and Quality Assurance