Experience 9 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
We have been engaged to source for a Business Head of Strategy to develop organisational and sales strategy for a leading organisation in the Insurance sector.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of various marketing strategies including route to market and market penetration at a senior level.
The ideal candidate should be a core strategist who has experience developing and implementing business roadmaps using factual data as the foundation. You would have an eye for identifying and forecasting business opportunities within different market segments with the objective of developing new business and retaining current clientele.
We are looking for someone who comes from a Financial Consulting background. A professional who has built a portfolio of working with companies of various sizes or has worked in a FinTech environment where you have used data to forecast business and informative decisions would be of great interest with experience or an understanding of the insurance, or insurance brokering.
As the Divisional Head, you would be an impeccable communicator with excellent people management skills who can demonstrate key stakeholder management skills liaising with C-level executives as well as create a collaborative environment by support team leads and branch heads in building and growing their acquisition of business.
- Responsible for the development and execution of business development and marketing strategy for the Company
- Provide market feedback to the company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product development ideas.
- Take ownership of the management of the sales and marketing functions of the business.
- Planning and coordinating the implementation of business acquisition plans and the penetration of new markets
- Oversee all new business origination and acquisition activities for the Company
- Responsible for developing and supporting the achievement of set fiscal targets
- Monitors external and internal environment for development of new market segments
- Develops and maintains marketing budget.
- Mentor and support team leads and branch heads in building and growing their acquisition of business
- Develop and maintain good relationships with various influencers and decision-makers needed to acquire business
- Supervise and guide team leads in presenting the annual budget for their respective teams
- Any other duty assigned by the Managing Director
- University degree/HND required. Concentration in Insurance and Risk Management, Service Orientation, Business, or Communications is an added advantage.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, or Finance related discipline is an added advantage
- Professional membership of the Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria (CIIN) or Chartered Insurance Institute of London (CIL)
- Core Experience working in Strategy design and implementation positions
- At least 7 years in a management role in comparable industries in capacities such a Relationship Management, Business Development, Strategy Development, Strategy Management
- Experience working in a Financial Consulting capacity
- Demonstrative use of data for forecasting, sales strategy, and implementation, an advantage if you are able to manipulate data to forecast business trends
- Proven track record in the people management of large teams at branch or regional level with the ability to lead and drive change management initiatives.
- Experience liaising with C-Level Executives, Decision Makers, and key stakeholders both internal and external.