Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
We have been engaged to identify a Chief Financial Officer for our client, a private and entrepreneurial Gas, Power, and Infrastructure Development Company who has seen great success designing and implementing power projects across Sub-Sahara Africa. As a major player in their market, they have formed strategic alliances with global players in the Power, Energy, Oil & Gas Market to dominate their market share as a brand of choice.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be responsible for providing strategic financial direction, planning, implementation, management and running of all the finance activities. This includes business planning, budgeting, forecasting and negotiations.
As part of an executive management team, the CFO will perform effective risk management and plan the organization’s financial strategy by actively safeguarding its finances.
The ideal candidate would be well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to broad investment and banking operations.
- Providing strategic leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team
- Providing strategic recommendations to the CEO/president and members of the executive management team
- Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting
- Advising on long-term business and financial planning
- Establishing and developing relations with senior management and external partners and stakeholders
- Drive the company’s financial planning
- Perform risk management by analysing the organization’s liabilities and investments
- Decide on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks
- Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations
- Supervise all finance personnel (controllers, treasurers etc.)
- Manage vendor relationships
- Prepare reliable current and forecasting reports
- Set up and oversee the company’s finance IT system
- Ensure compliance with the law and company’s policies
- Manage team of financial controllers and financial analysts.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related financial discipline
- MBA or Finance related MSC is an added advantage
- Accounting or Finance Certification such as (ACCA, ICAN, CFA or related accreditation)
- Finance Strategy development and implementation at C-Level executive
- Experience in a senior management position.
- Strong financial and accounting background, including an understanding of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance and budgeting.
- Experience with corporate governance.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Experience with budget management, public accounting, and cash flow.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office and Microsoft Dynamics SL financial reporting software
- The ability to demonstrate thought leadership
- Exceptional People Management skills
- Strategic Thinker who demonstrates detailed processes to achieve corporate financial objectives
- Ethical and Confidential behavioural skills
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Results-oriented, strategic thinker and planner