Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
We have been engaged to identify a Commercial Energy Lawyer for our client, a private and entrepreneurial Gas, Power, and Infrastructure Development Company who has seen great success designing and implementing power projects across Sub-Sahara Africa. As a major player in their market, they have formed strategic alliances with global players in the Power, Energy, Oil & Gas Market to dominate their market share as a brand of choice.
Reporting to the VP of Legal Services, the Commercial Energy Lawyer will be expected to independently review power project agreements and other related contractual agreements, conduct legal due diligence and statutory compliances required in the power industry and other related industries. It also requires key stakeholder’s relationship management so the ideal candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills.
The ideal candidate would have cognitive experience in power transactions, corporate secretarial services, Governance & Compliance Management, and excellent knowledge of the law.
We are looking for proactive and assertive professionals with a keen interest in research to ensure that agreements and documentations drawn are favourable and in line with business and legal regulations.
Naturally, you would be a strong negotiator who is able to interact with stakeholders at all levels and demonstrate the ability to apply thought process and due diligence to all on-going projects.
- Review and cause the execution of agreements on profitable business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current legal positions on commercial transactions in related industries globally.
- Support with the workload of legal reviews of contractual documents received by the department across board
- Strengthen and implement weekly internal communications within the Company.
- Provide protocols and executive assistant duties to the management and board of the Company.
- Represent the Company and or join in meetings in various locations when required.
- Work with the business teams by drafting and negotiating agreements, providing day-to-day advice, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, handling pre-litigation legal disputes
- Adherence to Company’s Corporate Governance.
- Present Weekly reporting of all activities being carried out by you to your reporting line.
- Present Monthly Business Performance Appraisal reporting inclusive of the Key performance indicators.
- Other roles as assigned by Head of the Directorate
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Number of Agreements reviewed independently with constructive legal advice
- Number of Agreements prepared afresh
- Timeline for reviewing and carrying out any task
- Level and pace of comprehension of key industry knowledge
- Timely activities reporting
- A University degree in Law and Call to Bar certificate
- Master’s Degree in a related discipline is an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years post call experience, out of which not less than 3 years should have been spent in a related function preferably in the power, gas or energy or industry.
- Accreditation/Certification in Law is an additional bonus
- In-depth knowledge of commercial law and transactions