Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
We have been engaged to identify a Commercial Project Manager for our client, a private and entrepreneurial Gas, Power, and Infrastructure Development Company who has seen great success designing and implementing power projects across Sub-Sahara Africa. As a major player in their market, they have formed strategic alliances with global players in the Power, Energy, Oil & Gas Market to dominate their market share as a brand of choice.
The Commercial Project Manager will be responsible for driving, originating, and developing solar, solar & storage and solar hybrid projects with a focus on electricity sales (PPAs) including energy services sales (storage) and provide supervision for the project implementation/installation.
The ideal candidate would be a Certified Project Manager who has experience working in the energy industry experience, with knowledge of the solar and storage industries, and demonstrate the ability to work successfully with team members in a self-starting fast-paced work environment.
As a client-facing professional with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, you will be the focal point of contact to spearhead internal projects so the ideal candidate would be someone who is a strategic relationship builder with both internal/external project stakeholders demonstrating personal integrity with a win/win mindset
The Core functions of the Manager, Commercial shall specifically include but not limited to the establishment and development of the following:
- Use relevant software tools to perform accurate system sizing calculations and design PV ground mounted and roof top systems
- Create electrical single-line diagrams, panel schedules, or connection diagrams for solar electric systems
- Turnkey investment and financing structuring activities of Green and Brown Field Projects
- Monitoring of the Solar and other renewable project development in various locations in Africa
- Work with Project Development lead to develop financial Engineering Solutions which includes leveraging on operational ongoing projects and the newly built projects to independently arrive at viable funding solutions
- Tariff modelling and development across the value chain of solar and solar hybrid plants
- Research and application of alternative sources of Fuel and energy storage options
- Projects and business implementation & operations monitoring with Bi-Monthly reporting to the top management of the company
- Scenario planning involving sensitivity analysis of various business model based on capacity, costs, revenue and regulations. Model tax, equity, and debt to optimize capital structure
- Provide support to all Business units including Investments, Finance & Administration as well as various sub units of the Company in their various location
- Assist in the definition of the Company’s projects scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders
- A minimum Bachelor’s Degree within a suitable Engineering or Technical discipline (Mechanical/Electrical).
- A Foreign Master’s Degree in Engineering or Business Management (MBA) would be desirable.
- Certification in Project Management (PRINCE2, PMP, or its equivalent)
- Professional Certifications in Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering is an added bonus
- At least 5-8 years’ experience within Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Project Development, Construction and Operation & Maintenance
- Structural and/or Electrical engineering knowledge is a plus.
- Previous experience working on large Utility-Scale Solar projects in a leadership capacity is imperative.
- A track-record having managed similar projects from early stage development through to completion and operations is necessary.
- Proven track record of effective communications with project stakeholders, including energy customers, landowners, government officials, utility representatives, and community members
- Experience in managing multiple sales and business development tasks and methods.
- Basic legal knowledge, including NDAs, PPAs, and land option agreements
- Expert level technical understanding of renewable technologies.
- Prior renewable energy industry experience, particularly solar or solar + storage, preferred.
- Experience with drawing software tools, such as AutoCAD, is a plus.
- Understanding of financial modelling.
KEY ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Strategic relationship builder with both internal/external project stakeholders demonstrating personal integrity with a win/win mindset
- Experience in opportunity identification; demonstrated success in prospecting, identifying, and qualifying new business opportunities.
- Experience in building relationships; ability to develop customer relationships through existing contacts and relationships; build relationships quickly.
- A leader with strong teamwork capabilities who is able to work autonomously when required.
- Time management skills with the ability to manage multiple and fast changing priorities
- High energy, and ability to work well in a team environment with proven attention to detail.
- Ability to travel upon request.