Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
We have been engaged to identify a Creative Director for an award-winning international Marketing and Advertising Agency. Their unique business model breathes innovation into the market they work in, and drive change from the inside out to help their clients build better solutions, and systems to dominate their market share.
Spearheading the project of a newly acquired portfolio of a premium brand in Nigeria, the Creative Director will be responsible for the overall Creative output as well as delivering on conceptulised briefs. Leading a team of cross-functional team of creatives, you will work together to deliver work to exacting standards, specs, and timelines.
The ideal candidate would have a combined and deep understanding of trends inherent to the creative, beverage and retail industry with a varied skillset that will include conceptual thinking, Copy/Design/Art Direction for all forms of digital content, shopper, as well as have an understanding of motion design, social and ecommerce platforms, and their ways of working.
We are looking for rockstars with an entrepreneurial mindset who breathe innovation to take their premium beverage client to market domination.
- Be the focal Creative face of the business unit and oversee the Creative work to meet Client’s brief and exacting standards.
- Champion best practice and creative excellence in the creative team.
- Direct and review the team’s work to ensure the highest quality, accuracy and consistency as well as Brand compliance.
- Drive awards submissions (internal & external), show reels, and other collateral when needed in collaboration with the GCD.
- Provide Solutions to Help the client conceuptulise their objective in accordance with the brief
- Manage cross-function team of creatives
- Mentorship and line management of the department.
- Drive training and development of the department.
- Master a variety of brand tone of voice, visual identities.
- Collaborate with the relevant team members from other disciplines.
- Develop an effective interdepartmental working relationship with colleagues and the Client.
- Keep the Group Creative Director up to date with creative work being delivered.
- Help to build an innovative and inclusive culture within the team, as well as wider agency.
- Support the team in expanding the portfolio of brands being worked on.
- Integrate into the company’s international business team
This is a combined work experience role based onsite as the client’s location and working remotely as an initial 12-month Fixed Term Contract with high possibly of renewal or retainership for deployment. Salary is between 800,000 to 1M per month (including WHT)
- An undergraduate degree in graphic design, fine arts, visual communication, typography, or a related subject is often required. A postgraduate degree in these subjects can be an advantage.
- Professional Marketing, Advertising and related accreditations are an added advantage
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience working in the advertising, marketing, or design sectors especially in an in-house agency environment.
- Experience in spearheading the strategic leadership of FMCG accounts preferably beverages, and spirits would be a major advantage
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to inspire the creative team to give their best
- Leading the conceptual thinking, Copy/Design/Art Direction for all forms of digital content, shopper, as well as understand motion design, social and ecommerce platforms, and their ways of working.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation skills in order to make outstanding pitches
- Plenty of creative ideas and an understanding of the clients’ vision
- An awareness of current trends in advertising and design
- A self-starting attitude and an open outlook
- Resilience under pressure and against deadlines
- An understanding of how creative roles complement other departments, such as finance and data management
- Knowledge of the software and applications involved in the creative process
- skills in managing people, projects and resources.