Experience 6 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
We have been engaged to identify a Data Product Manager for a pan-African Insurance brand who offer bespoke products to ensure the needs of their diverse consumers are met.
The Data Product Manager will provide product management leadership for the creation of data modelling, data extraction, data ingestion, cleaning, transformation, harmonization, consolidation, and utilization solutions for a cloud based global multi-enterprise data platform and be held accountable for ensuring that these solutions provide business value and delightful customer experience.
The ideal candidate would understand transactional systems, reporting systems, and data warehousing as well as implementing a definitive user experience and business process development.
Working within a Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), you would have experience in agile development, using development tools, and working collaboratively in a matrixed environment
- Define data platform product strategic blueprints and roadmaps aligned to the business’s digital and data strategy.
- Define a data platform business architecture aligned to the data product strategy.
- Define end to end business use cases
- Engage in continuous alignment of business and technology stakeholders on data platform initiatives.
- Develop data platform business cases
- Develop, track and report on data platform quarterly plans.
- Create epics and user stories and lead story mapping to develop data platform functionality.
- Define user requirements, functional requirements, data flows, business process flows.
- Prioritize backlog for new feature and enhancement development
- Lead sprint planning and grooming
- Collaborate on product design with product managers, architects and engineers.
- Support product release and go-to-market processes
- Manage product requirements changes during delivery
- Coordinate and negotiate delivery with other product owners for cross team delivery of data platform product features
- Lead business analysis activities
- Partner with project management, engineering and testing to define project delivery timelines.
- Ensure developed functionality meets functional and quality requirements
- Collaborate with digital product owners, architects, user experience designers, engineers, testers, and scrum master to deliver quality data platform solutions.
- Ensure solutions can be supported and easily maintained
- Triage and prioritize and bug fixes in backlog.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Information technology, Information Systems, or Business-related field.
- 5-8+ years’ experience in a related job
- Experience with data handling, processing, harmonization, and standardization
- Understanding of transactional systems, reporting systems, and data warehousing
- Experience with user experience and business process development
- Understanding of system and data integration modalities
- Understanding of data processing technologies
- Understanding of data storage modalities
- Experience with application and system development
- Hands on programming experience a plus
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience in agile development and using development tools
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Results oriented and business value focused
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively and influence in a matrixed environment
- Escalate issues to management as appropriate
- Ability to communicate complex technological concepts to business users
- Ability to translate and communicate business needs into technical requirements.
- Able to define incremental development paths for functionality to achieve future vision
- Knowledge of and experience with cloud technologies particularly AWS a plus.