Experience 10 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
We have been engaged to source for an Expatriate Project Contract Manager to oversee their technical operations. As a core provider of quality Engineering and Technical services, our client has been servicing their diverse client base for over 30 years.
The Project Contract Manager (Mechanical) role is a blend between a hands-on professional who has spearheaded and managed large HVAC, Plumbing & Fire projects from design, commissioning, delivery and post project analysis; and a Business Project Manager who has extensive experience in managing commercial projects. which includes budget management, tendering, contract negotiation and vendor management.
The ideal candidate would have demonstrable experience managing commercial projects as well as managing the expectations of both internal and external stakeholders.
- Overseeing HVAC (Heating Ventilation & Air Conditioning): this includes Project Management of the design and load calculations, pipe and duct sizing etc. for DX units, chillers, VRF systems etc. Ins
- Overseeing Plumbing and Fire Projects: this includes design and calculation of water supply and distribution, and relevant fittings, sprinklers and other hydrant systems.
- Responsible for handling all design related activity and also project supervision, implementation and commissioning
- Follow a standard process, as defined by the Project Management Methodologies and Framework.
- Initiate the project – check feasibility and work out budgets, teams and resources
- Carry out planning – this will include setting goals and objectives, defining roles and producing schedules and timelines for tasks – in accordance with the needs of your client. Some tools, such as Gantt charts, can be used to create a visual project plan
- Select, lead and motivate your project team from both internal and external stakeholder organisations
- Manage the project – which includes coordinating the project team to keep them on track and keeping the project on budget
- Carry out monitoring and control activities in order to track the progress of the project
- Identify and manage risks to ensure delivery is on time
- Implement any necessary changes throughout the process
- Report regularly to management and the client
- Close the project – including evaluating successes and challenges to enhance learning for your next project.
- Manage contracts made with sub-contractors, vendors, partners, or employees. Negotiate, support and manage effective contracts including negotiating the terms and conditions in contracts and ensuring compliance with the terms and conditions
- Documenting any changes or amendments that may arise during project implementation or execution.
- efficiently manage contract creation, execution, and analysis for the purpose of maximizing financial and operational performance and minimizing risk
- Manage budgets and Project Milestones
- Minimum of first degree in Mechanical Engineering from a reputable institution or equivalent
- Professional Accreditations are a plus
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with evidence of at least three large projects related to the above in which he played a leadership role
- Project management and experience. Certification is an advantage.
- Possess basic knowledge of electrical installation
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and also other design software
- Experience with techno commercial issues to include tendering, contract negotiation and vendor management
- Extensive experience of managing projects within a civils/water environment/infrastructure
- Good working knowledge of contract conditions, design management, programme and risk management and cost control including forecasting, actual cost and value reporting.
- Experience of MS Project
- Experience of Pre-Qualification and Tendering process for a number of multi-discipline projects
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to influence and mentor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with both customers and all levels of staff Problem solving skills and analytical thinking
- Good communication skills both oral or written
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Demonstrate skill in the use of Microsoft office
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to lead a team to deliver great results
Please note this is an expatriate role, so only apply if you have the right skill set and meet the requirements