Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
We have been engaged to source for an experience Field Operations Manager for a global social-economic no-profit organisation who are passionate about eradicating poverty through agriculture.
The Field Operations Manager will lead the team through the Strategy and Execution of the organisations business objectives in the Middle and Northern areas of Nigeria.
Leading the day-to-day execution of the Field Operations team through their annual cycles of sales, deliveries, extension services, and loan collection; the Field Operations Manager will be responsible for exploring and testing ways to increase the number of clients each Field Staff member can serve and implementing processes to ensure efficiency to meet the set deliverables of the organisation.
Overseeing the expansion strategy in rural communities, the Field Operations Associate Manager will explore program suitability in new areas of States in the middle belt and neighbouring states in Nigeria, while engaging local leadership to partner with. to drive their agenda forward
You would also be responsible for the development of the Field Officer’s training program, from hiring & on boarding to salesmanship, extension services, and customer satisfaction.
Field Operations Associate will be responsible for the following:
Strategy & Execution
- Leading the day-to-day execution of the Field Operations team through their annual cycles of sales, deliveries, extension services, and loan collection, while exploring and testing ways to increase the number of clients each Field Staff member can serve.
- Developing the Field Officer training program, from hiring & on boarding to salesmanship, extension services, and customer satisfaction.
- Crafting and monitoring KPIs and oversee data collection & analysis efforts, to ensure that the program is learning the right things from regular interactions with farmers.
- Oversee expansion strategy, exploring program-fit in new areas of Niger State and other states in Nigeria, while engaging local leadership and farmers alike to partner with us.
Transformation & Innovation
- You will lead efforts to integrate new technology into the daily work of the Field Team in order to increase their capacity to manage new and recurring customer needs.
- You will invest in the skill-building of the Field Team staff- salesmanship, agricultural knowledge, and pedagogical capabilities- to drastically increase their ability to connect with, educate, and serve farmers.
- You will work hand-in-hand with the Research and Development team to research and test the efficacy of different interventions, with a focus on understanding what farmers want and how the program can deliver those products and services.
People Management & Leadership
- Lead and grow a team of ten to fifteen full-time staff, investing in their ability to deliver fantastic customer service, with the potential to grow the team exponentially in future seasons.
- Directly manage, mentor and develop senior field leaders to take on increasing levels of independence and responsibility within the team.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with work experience and a demonstrated passion for our mission
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Strong work experiences in agricultural and/or start-up environments. Part of the launch of a start-up, early stage growth company, or new product/market in an established company. Preferably in West Africa
- Ready and able to wear multiple hats, often on the same day, solving problems as they arise across the program.
- Comfortable celebrating failure when it leads to learning and iteration.
- Able to work with quantitative and qualitative information, exercise judgment, and make decisions in the context of uncertainty.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a dynamic working environment, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
- Experience using GIS software
- Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Language: English required; Hausa preferred.
PLEASE NOTE: This role requires extensive travel, possibly weeks at a time. Only apply if you are flexible enough to travel as required