Experience 6 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
We have been engaged to identify a Full Stack WordPress Developer for an international start-up career consultancy whose ethos is to promote diversity and professional growth using internationally recognised resources.
Reporting to the Online Business Manager you will be responsible for creating and maintaining their principal audience and client facing product, which is an education platform as well as the marketing site.
The role requires a fully rounded developer with specialist interest and understanding in WordPress who can comfortably work across the front and back end with equal competence.
When you join the organisation, you become part of a remote team that is spread across different continents but remains connected through Slack, Google Meet and other communication platforms. As much as they expect all members to have autonomy over their own work and attainment of personal objectives, they also greatly encourage consistent collaboration and support of other team members in efforts to achieve our company-wide goals.
This is an early career level position (2- 4 years’ experience) that provides excellent exposure to international multi-discipline teams
- Understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Develop web applications/pages using current CSS3, PHP and HTML5 standards.
- Provide technical and creative advice during product development stages
- Identify and troubleshoot WordPress issues quickly
- Possess expert knowledge and capabilities of creating WordPress custom themes and plugins
- Create websites and web applications for a variety of requirements
- Test functionality of websites in various browsers for quality assurance
- Sourcing and managing relationships with offshore or remote developers as required
- Managing relationships with external web development agencies.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a go-getter and self-sufficient type of perspective
- Takes pride in implementing the right solution to address a problem, not necessarily the easy solution
- Is comfortable giving and receiving meaningful code reviews
- Has excellent organisational and prioritising skills
- Can handle multiple and changing priorities within strict time constraints
- Can pay extreme attention to detail
- Can readily participate with other team members in meetings to discuss project updates, ideas, cost and time estimates
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- 6 years; experience working on Website Design and Development in a Full-Stack capacity
- Thorough understanding of WordPress and its core principles
- In-depth architectural knowledge of WordPress; know when to use something off-the-shelf, and when to use a custom solution
- Has expert knowledge and experience with WordPress (Plugin / Theme Development / API / Configuration / Advanced Custom Fields)
- Has strong general development skills and experience in mentoring junior developers.
- Experience building complex, responsive, high-traffic websites with WordPress and custom PHP
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Be able to code WordPress themes and plugins from scratch
- A passion for web design and a drive to stay current with the latest trends and technology
- Understanding of W3C standards and general design principles
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Experience with membership and Learning Management Software like Memberpress and Learndash would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of primary SEO elements
- Understanding of best practices for user experience
- Experience in running WordPress in public cloud environments and ideally in porting those from on-premise to cloud.