Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
We have been engaged to identify a Gynaecologist for an exclusive specialist medical facility. As a leading specialist practice, they have compliance with various international bodies on quality standards and procedures.
The specialist and primary care facility offer comprehensive preventative and everyday primary healthcare services, and the most advanced specialised care services with Sub-Sahara recognition.
Our client is looking for a Gynaecologist Consultant for a 1-year rolling contract, which may be renewed annually dependent on performance. The selected candidate will practise as a Fertility Consultant and our client will provide all the clinical and back office support as well the necessary training for the first three months ensuring that you understand the brand’s Standard Operating Procedure, Quality Policy, and People Policies shall be binding the successful candidate.
The Consultant-Gynaecologist would be a qualified and registered medical professional responsible for administering fertility care to clients in a friendly, warm, professional, and overall satisfactory manner which represents the brand’s values of Ethics, Honesty, Innovation, and Excellence.
The ideal candidate would be a charismatic, energetic, empathetic, performance driven professional passionate about quality health care service delivery with a keen interest in fertility medicine.
The ideal candidate would also be a excellent engaging communicator who can be the face of the brand when engaging with external stakeholders, media and public relations opportunities/features.
You should be able to function effectively in a target-driven work environment putting the needs of their patients as a priority, we are looking for solution providers that sometimes can sit out of the medical space but adds a value-added service by creating a pleasurable experience.
- Conducting client consultation and discussion, including failed cycle discussion
- Performing routine gynaecological examinations
- Counselling clients
- Managing clients with Ovarian Hyper Stimulation Syndrome (OHSS)
- Uploading client information and maintaining medical/clinical records in accordance with the SOP
- Performing theatre procedures such as oocyte retrieval, surgical sperm collection, and embryo transfer.
Financial Planning, Monitoring, and Control
- Delivering apportioned annual revenue target by converting clients from first appointment to completion of treatment cycles.
- Preparing and submitting treatment summaries, reports, and weekly logs as required.
Business Development and Marketing
- Developing relevant articles for publication in journals, fertility updates, etc and for presentation at conferences, seminars, and clinical presentations
- Granting interviews via TV, radio, newspapers/magazines as may be required
- Establishing and managing relationships with referral doctors and other relevant 3rd parties
- Representing the brand at social gatherings, media events, fertility initiatives, etc.
- Take responsibility for being informed and for understanding departmental SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and company policies;
- Ensuring conformance with SOPs and policies; Reporting and appropriately managing incidences and SAEs (Severe Adverse Events).
- MBBS – Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery
- Fellowship in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Minimum of 5 years post MBBS experience
- Cognate experience in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Proficiency in presentation, documentation and record keeping
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with good command of the English language.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in the use of the internet and Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- A vibrant and positive workplace attitude with a good sense of creativity.
- A high level of organisation and meticulousness.
- Professional and decent physical appearance.
- Ability to work independently and take decisions/initiative, while effectively working in a close team environment.
- Ability to prioritise and work within tight deadlines.
- Ability to incorporate the company’s values into daily work routines.
- Ability to empathise with clients while upholding the values of beneficence, non-maleficence, autonomy, and justice.
Our client deploys a Balanced Scorecard system of appraisal which comprises of four KPI areas – financial, customer, process, and people. Appraisals are carried out periodically and the ratings are on a scale of 1 (Unsatisfactory) to 5 (Outstanding). The overall ratings are used in line with competency assessments and will be used to determine promotions, salary reviews, and bonuses as and when due.