Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
We have been engaged to identify a Senior Finance Manager to head up the Manufacturing unit of a global player in the commercial business industry.
Reporting to the Group Chief Finance Officer and managing a team of Finance Officers, the Senior Finance Manager will be responsible for leading the financial strategy of the subsidiary business unit and provide high-level financial management expertise to establish financial operational strategies, evaluate trends, and implement critical measurements to improve operational efficiency.
Leading the development of the company’s short- and long-term strategies, you will be responsible for the planning, developing, and directing the organisation’s operational and fiscal function as well as its performance in line with global practices and International Financial Reporting guidelines.
We are looking for a thought leader who can take ownership to strengthen the brands growth by studying economic trends, identifying revenue opportunities, projecting acquisition and expansion prospects as well as providing in-depth analysis of the organisation’s operations.
The ideal candidate would be a cross-functional subject matter expert within the finance and accounting sector. He/she would be able to demonstrate their ability to provide insightful information to the group CFO and the Executive Management team to aid in long-term and short-term decision-making.
- Develop organizational financial strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations.
- Establish finance operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies.
- Develop organization prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities; projecting acquisition and expansion prospects; analysing organization operations; identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement; accumulating capital to fund expansion.
- Liquidity Management, Funding & Investment Appraisal (Optimal Mix of Capital).
- Business Transformation and risk management (WC Management & high asset utilization. Manage cash conversion cycles)
- Develop financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements; identifying monetary resources; developing action plans.
- Monitor financial performance by measuring and analysing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Maximize return on invested funds by identifying investment opportunities, maintaining relationships with the investment community.
- Report financial status by developing forecasts; reporting results; analysing variances; developing improvements.
- Update job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplish finance and organization mission by completing related results as needed and participates in negotiations, as requested.
- For selected prospects, develops and issues proposals directly, and follows through with the client to secure the project and handover to Operations.
- Maintains and reports on performance metrics, such as prospect pipeline quality/quantity and win-loss ratios to drive continuous improvement in the Business Development process.
- Work with the legal/contracts department, supports the successful closure of contracts and establishment of Master Services Agreements (MSAs) with assigned clients and prospects.
- Minimum of Masters’ degree in business administration, finance, accounting or other relevant disciplines.
- Professional Accounting qualification such as ACCA, CIMA or ICAN or its equivalent
- Member of the (Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria) FRCN is an added advantage
- 5 – 10 years progressive experience in accounting and finance.
- Commercial Business knowledge or experience within the Manufacturing, FMCG sector or a similar business environment is essential
- Experience in financial strategy and financial management within the manufacturing or similar environments is a strong advantage.
- Proactive, hands-on manager who will own responsibility for the Finance Department.
- Strategic thinker who possesses problem solving and thought leadership abilities, and solid business acumen.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities while maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Proven ability to make complex and time-sensitive decisions in the best interests of the organisation.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of finance and tax laws, financial best practices and awareness of current trends and the implications for the organisation.
- Advanced computer usage skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and accounting packages such as Odoo, Sage QuickBooks etc.
- Fast learner, open to learn from subordinates and other colleagues