Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
We have been engaged to source and identify an experienced Head of Sales & Distribution for a unique automobile organisation who have developed a niche in their market.
Reporting to the CEO, The Head, Sales & Distribution will play a critical role in enabling the brand to meet its revenue goals and contribute to its long-term growth. The successful candidate will seek out new business opportunities for the brand through a combination of sales planning and execution, partner enablement, business planning, and post-sales support. He/she will be directly responsible for building the relationships with third party partners to develop a robust pipeline of sales opportunities to meet its aggressive revenue growth objectives.
The ideal candidate would be someone who has extensive experience across functional lines including commercial sales, marketing and operations and demonstrate superior management skills to effectively lead and manage the team. As an effective Senior Sales Manager, you would have proven delivery of sales results and a high-level experience of customer negotiations
As a impeccable people management specialist, you would have proven ability to lead a large and/or distributed sales teams.
This role will be responsible for planning, monitoring and ensuring achievement of customer and revenue market share objectives; delivering operational excellence in distribution, channel management and market expansion. Responsibility is to achieve overall sales success including:
- Be the focal contact for all the stakeholders at the assigned partners’, lots, OEMs and Dealers. Focus will be on building strong executive relationships with emphasis on enabling & activating partnerships, and driving prospect pipeline for the brand
- Develop a deep understanding of the assigned partners’ business strategy and build specific growth initiatives that align to the partners’ business strategy
- Increase partner driven sales by establishing alignment between the brand and the partner’s sales organization by designing and running activities such as: Partner Programs and pipeline review, etc. The goal will be to develop a robust, predictable pipeline
- Work effectively across the business to drive strategic initiatives; manage pipeline and report results to key internal stakeholders.
- Work directly with the partners’ marketing teams to develop sales programs and assets to drive awareness in the market and generate new sales opportunities
- Responsible for the entire Sales Channel operations; ensuring achievement of channel sales targets
- Responsible for identifying and penetrating prospective clients/customers headquartered in the assigned target market
- Generate sales revenue by promoting the brands’ services to partners
- Lead all stages of the sales cycle as needed to support the conversion of opportunities to sales.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of industry and customers to identify and propose unique solutions
- Leverage knowledge to execute sales strategy that meets or exceeds revenue objectives.
- Create strong relationships based on trust, integrity, and customer satisfaction to effectively drive sales and repeat business
- Track, analyse and report sales activity using internal reporting tools
- Plan and execute strategies to generate revenue for the company through sales distribution
- Lead the recruitment, development and relationship management of Channel Partners and Distributors
- Plan sales and business development opportunities, including supporting local sales and center operations teams
- Review channel partners & distributors to ensure healthy ROI
- Expand distribution width and depth
- Identify and formulate sales strategies to help drive distribution across dealers, partners and other identified customer channels
- Minimum of master’s degree in a business-related degree
- Relevant certifications in Business & Sales, Strategy etc.
- At least 8 years of leadership experience, ideally running a large sales team
- Solid experience of leading a high performing sales team or overseeing zonal/regional/territory sales performance in consumer goods or B2B
- Very strong client/customer/vendor contacts, ideally at senior level across Nigeria
- Extensive experience across functional lines including commercial sales, marketing and operations
- Demonstrate superior management skills to effectively lead and manage the team
- Proven delivery of sales result
- High-level experience of customer negotiations
- Evidence of budget control and strong demonstration of financial expertise
- Start-up experience is desired
- Strong knowledge of sales
- Proven ability to lead a large and/or distributed sales teams
- Superior knowledge and experience in growing bottom line
- Strong knowledge on self-directed projects
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to influence at a senior level and gain the confidence across all areas of the company
- Demonstrated success in consistently meeting or exceeding a monthly sales quota
- Thorough knowledge of the enterprise customer base in the assigned geography
- A proven ability to generate leads, penetrate new accounts, and develop and manage a pipeline
- Good geographical knowledge of top cities in Nigeria