Experience 10 Years +
Qualifications Master’s Degree
We have been engaged to identify a Head, Technology Operations for an innovative organisation that infuses technology within the automotive sector. The brand has seen tremendous growth and have formed strategic partnerships across sector that has put them in a position to dominate the market share in their niche
Reporting to the CEO, The Head, Technology Operations will preside over the day to day leadership of the Technology & Engineering team, owning weekly and monthly goals that encompass everything from uptime, reliability, and availability, to the cultivation of technical initiatives and successful delivery of features.
As a thought leader, you will be responsible for providing overarching leadership to the tech team, working in sync with senior management, product owners and product managers to scope new enterprise launch, product launch, new features and iterations on existing features, as well as develop timelines for execution and accountability against those timelines.
The successful candidate will create processes across cross-functional teams to resolve and prioritize product development, management, bug fixes, downtime, and mission-critical errors. The ideal candidate will have experience in a hybrid product environment as well as the ability to build a team and foster a great culture and attracting great engineering talent to a high-performance team.
- Be a visionary for innovative solutions to some tough technical challenges of the business
- Establish framework for making impactful technical decisions. Empower engineers to innovate while providing technical expertise/targeted questions to make a decision that is best for the business.
- Lead overall software development by planning and tracking all project progress
- Manage the software development team and gauge performance and goals for company and individual departments
- Build the team with talented individuals that fit technically and culturally. Retain key hires.
- Ensure the effective operation of all systems, meeting service level metrics and maintaining data security
- Develop and maintain any technology development policies/procedures including security objectives
- Direct any redesign/redevelopment efforts on existing software
- Work with Product Management to identify new features/products to meet customer and business needs
- Manage a team of Engineers and ensure the team solves their challenging software problems.
- Leverage technical expertise in Software Development, Quality Assurance, Cloud Infrastructure, and automated deployments
- Work closely with critical departments and key executives within the business to build reliable software programs
- Drive rigorous product releases across multiple, complex software products for the business
- Establish world-class standards and technical operations to deliver consistent, high-quality products across the business
- Implement internal engineering management strategies to achieve world-class productivity and cost efficiency
- Engage with product owners and managers to ensure that product delivery obsessively aligns with the company’s value creation
- Transform existing teams of engineers and developers into a highly effective engineering function, including upgrading and reorganizing talent as required
- Engage and align top software engineering/developer talent through strong recruitment, mentoring, hands-on architectural leadership and career management
- Potentially lead product technical due diligence
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE REQUIRED
- Knowledge of a variety of programming languages such as Java, Objective C, C, and C++.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or technical discipline (equivalent experience) is mandatory (MSc preferred)
- Relevant IT certifications
- Minimum of 12- 15 years in technology and/or engineering management position such as, Head of Technology or VP of Engineering
- Hands-on leadership in an agile development environment working on large scale SaaS software, including cloud-based media processing, hosting, and serving via both applications and APIs
- Proven experience in large data and data analytics—a key area of growth and the future focus of the company
- Proven experience in building high-performance teams and scalable best-practices in an engineering organization
- Experience managing DevOps teams
- Demonstrate superior management skills to effectively lead and manage the team
- Experience with various data management options/retrieval strategies/technologies.
- Strong communication skills – ability to be an active participant in nuanced technical discussions as well as an ability to represent the platform/solution/challenge to a non-technical audience.
- Comfortable working and communicating with all levels of the organization, including senior management teams and C level executives.
- Continual assessment, refinement, maturation, implementation, and enforcement of engineering standards and best practices.
- Ability to voice a strong opinion and make business-oriented decisions.
- Keen ability to analyse trade-offs to drive informed conclusions.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, and people leadership skills
- Thorough understanding of latest approaches to software architecture or ability to engage well with tech leads
- Ability to adapt and handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies and best practices
- Track record of consistently achieving on product delivery, employee satisfaction, and retention
- Results oriented with a focus on delivering value for the customer
- Proven ability to use metrics as a key driver in decision-making processes