Experience 10 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
We have been engaged to identify a Head of Pricing & Analytics for an innovative service provider within the Automotive Sector.
Under supervision and guidance of the Chief Financial Officer, the Head, Pricing & Analytics will be responsible for growing the team that would help in building Africa’s very own pricing and valuation tool. He/she will lead the execution of pricing strategies for the entire business and will ensure optimization of strategic pricing in order to remain competitive in the automotive market.
The ideal candidate would serve as subject matter expert for pricing by providing financial analysis, margin information/enhancement opportunities, impact analysis and direction for proposed pricing/programming strategies. This would also include the creation of analytical models, interpretation of data and the delivery of recommendations for strategic product/segment price positioning to drive tactical execution excellence across all areas of the business
The successful candidate would also help to drive execution for continuous improvement for the pricing processes and optimum deployment of pricing resources for the entire business. You will use your ability in SQL and/or Python to create analytically driven recommendations that would shape pricing strategy and maximize ROI. Your solutions will influence pricing decisions and create new opportunities that enhance business-wide performance.
We are looking for a professional with extensive experience in exploring large data sets for analysis and predictive modelling as well as the use of programming languages such as SAS, SQL MatLab
- Overall pricing architecture and pricing recommendations across the business; managing the implementation process for pricing changes, and monitoring and reviewing of performance of past price actions
- Oversee the development of insightful and scalable pricing insights, ensuring analytic capabilities are defined with proper methodological rigor and architected to be available in a robust, scalable, and sustainable fashion
- Share insights that will shape the company’s understanding and help to predict how customers will react to proposed pricing changes etc
- Engage with senior stakeholders to ensure pricing insights are at the heart of company decisions
- Build an Automated Tool (AI)
- Work Closely with Finance, Retail Sales Team, Valuation/Buying Team and Tech
- Prepare rate quotations, product and benefit recommendations and risk arrangements with particular emphasis on assessing risk and reaching an appropriate level of premium, within parameters, to protect the business
- Diligently share industry knowledge and continually educate our Trading & Auction and Center Ops team on pricing principles and methods
- Contribute recommendations and support to initiatives focused on improving pricing processes, procedures and practices.
- Serve as subject matter expert for pricing by providing financial analysis, margin information/enhancement opportunities, and impact analysis and direction for proposed pricing/programming strategies
- Create analytical models, interpret data and provide recommendations for strategic product/segment price positioning
- Drive tactical execution excellence across all areas of the business
- Function as strategic partner for the Finance team to ensure accurate pricing data for forecasting/budgeting processes
- Provide thought leadership for key critical pricing moves within the automotive market by ensuring channel strategies are aligned
- Drive continuous improvement and innovation in the pricing area by suggesting/implementing changes to current processes and strategies to enable agile/flexible responses to prospective volatile competitive market
- Identify Key Performance Indicators relevant to the Pricing impact on profitability to drive accountability and performance measurement
- Build strong cross functional relationships within and outside the business
- A good quantitative degree in either Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or Computer/Actuarial Science
- MBA would be an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in related job
- Ability to perform complex financial modelling using extensive various technical platforms
- Extensive knowledge of ERP systems
- Business leader mindset with drive for continuous process improvement
- Thorough understanding of pricing/cost/margin decisions on company profitability
- Must have Good understanding of Pricing and Market Trends
- An ability to see the bigger picture: a problem-solving approach that gets to the underlying business questions, using a variety of data sources and information.
- Experience building dashboard or self-serve tools
- Prior commercial or pricing experience would be preferred but a keen interest in pricing analyses is essential.
- Experience of exploring large data sets for analysis
- Experience in predictive modelling
- Experienced in the use of programming languages ie SAS, SQL MatLab
- Strong and superior math or financial skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint Skills Excellent analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinking and decision-making skills Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Critical and systemic thinker
- Must be able to work independently
- Exceptional listening and analytical skills
- Must be able to effectively deal with people at all levels inside and outside of the company
- Ability to multitask and successfully operate in a fast paced, team environment
- Must adapt well to change and successfully set and adjust priorities as needed
- Strong organizational agility to enhance cross-functional communication and collaboration
- Advanced data science and financial modelling skills
- Self-starter with high energy and unyielding intellectual curiosity.
- Must be able to roll up his/her sleeves and comfortably execute at a hands-on tactical level