Offered Salary 0
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
We have been engaged to identify a HR Generalist with start-up experience for a social economically driven FinTech company. This is a very integral role that sets the tone for the culture of the organisation.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for setting up a functional HR department and implementing internal processes that support employee engagement, and operational efficiency with diversity and inclusion at the core of its infrastructure. This is a multi-faceted role that would require you to set up the HR Department from scratch as well as double up as a HR Business Partner providing strategic leadership in delivering effective solutions across a range of HR practices such as workforce planning, performance, employee engagement, organisational design, and talent & leadership development and Employee Relations
We are looking for forward thinking professional that brings strategy and innovation to their expertise. The ideal candidate would be someone who has previous experience setting up a HR Department from scratch within a start-up environment (Tech would be an advantage) You would have a passion for tech, and supporting socio-economic development projects that support SDG initiatives such as gender equality and diversity and inclusion.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to carve their career with a distinctive brand, grow and be instrumental to driving positive working culture that imbibes the future of work for the 21st century.
- Take the lead in the design, development and implementation of proactive HR initiatives, change programmes and projects
- Own key business relationships and provides expert advice, guidance and direction to support the effective operation of the business
- Act as a subject matter expert on HR policies, processes and procedures, providing specialist advice and direction on their practical application to key stakeholders
- Be proactive in identifying opportunities for the continuous improvement and development of HR service provision across the business
- Develop and maintain specialist expertise and knowledge of business in order to provide tailored, local solutions that meet the ongoing commercial requirements of the business
- Manage Payroll, compensation and benefits, Pension, HMO, and all statutory compliance
- Identify opportunities for improving employee engagement and lead initiatives
- Implement/administer/interpret corporate policies& procedures in line with Nigerian Labour Law guidelines
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters, such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend
- Review and analyse business unit data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
- Partner with managers to retain, develop and motivate people to achieve their fullest potential.
- Identify staff vacancies and support hiring managers with recruitment, interviewing and selecting applicants.
- Drive the corporate culture of inclusion and diversity by hiring people that align with the company’s vision.
- Provide direction, council, and coaching to build leadership capabilities to address and resolve employee issues.
- Support line managers and employees in addressing all types of employee relations issues ensuring a balance in representing all
- Passionate about social-economic issues especially gender equality and diversity & inclusion
- Provide innovative HR solutions and process improvement
- Demonstrated experience driving processes improvements
- Pro-active behaviour that demonstrates initiative and positive work ethic to ensure activities are delivered to the required time,
budget and quality.
- Strong solutions focus and be comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to
identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Resources or a related field
- 3- 5 years’ experience in a start-up environment preferably in tech or fintech
- HR Certifications (CIPD, SHRM, CIPM) or any related accreditation
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, recruitment, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and Nigerian employment laws
- Sound experience in HR partnering in a matrix and regulated environment, preferably in Financial Services or Technology
- Experience conceptualising business goals and recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity, and development of HR within the company
- Proven HR Business Strategy Implementation and who can demonstrate versatility and complexity
- Experience managing across the full spectrum of human resource management
- Success in creating and driving effective employee relations, retention and reward programs
- Prior experience of successfully collaborating with global and/or cross entity teams
- Ability to manage, build relationships with and influence internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to adapt to a fast-changing environment