Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
We have been engaged to identify an Accountant for a globally positioned trading company who has a substantial presence across Europe, North America, Latin America, Africa, Middle East, and Asia.
The Accountant will be responsible for the company’s accounting functions in their Nigerian office ensuring that internal control procedures are implemented, day to day tax computation matters are addressed efficiently, and auditing practices are being adhered to in compliance with company and regulatory policies.
The ideal candidate would have impeccable International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and demonstrate the ability to work using their own initiative to implement ideas to reduce cost and increase efficiency. A key element of the role would be to liaise with internal and external stakeholders locally and globally; so, it is essential that you have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Preparing accounts and tax returns
- Administering payrolls and controlling income and expenditure
- Ensuring the accuracy of financial documents, as well as their compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- Preparing and maintaining important financial reports
- Preparing tax returns and ensuring that taxes are paid correctly and on time.
- Evaluating financial operations to recommend best-practices, identify issues and strategize solutions, and help organizations run efficiently.
- Offering guidance on cost reduction, revenue enhancement, and profit maximization
- Conducting forecasting and risk analysis assessments
- Auditing financial information and liaising with internal and external stakeholders for its successful completion
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or any related discipline
- Master’s in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or related subjects
- Certified Accounting Accreditation such as ACCA, ICAN, CIMA, CFA etc.
- Registration with Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria (FRCN) an extreme advantage but not a necessity.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ accounting and finance experience within a well-known multinational or Audit firm
- Expert experience of Taxation computing such as (WHT, VAT, PAYE., etc.), laws, regulations, and strategy
- Analytical Skills – someone with a meticulous, detail-oriented eye to ensure every detail is accurate and current.
- Highly Organised – must be highly organised to meet deadlines and follow proper reporting guidelines.
- Critical Thinking – The ability to solve complex problems, and approach situations critically by considering all variables and potential risks.
- Excellent Interpersonal Communication skills – must be able to effectively explain their financial findings to colleagues and clients, especially those who do not have a strong understanding of complex financial concepts. For this reason, you will serve as data interpreters.
- Collaborative team member who can work using their own initiative.
- Excellent Managerial experience – demonstrating leadership, and the ability to manage and encourage a team to meet the corporate objectives of the organisation.
- Fast learner with good time management