Experience 10 Years +
Qualifications Master’s Degree
We have been engaged to identify an Investment Analyst for our client, a private and entrepreneurial Gas, Power, and Infrastructure Development Company who has seen great success designing and implementing power projects across Sub-Sahara Africa. As a major player in their market, they have formed strategic alliances with global players in the Power, Energy, Oil & Gas Market to dominate their market share as a brand of choice.
Reporting to the CVP – Investment, the Investment Analyst is responsible for conducting the company’s investment analyses, deal origination and corporate finance advisory relating to new projects and investments, mergers & acquisitions, capital raising including bank loans, equity and debt capital markets issuances
The ideal candidate would have experience working in the Power and Energy Sector
- Investment Appraisal: Conduct thorough analyses and risk assessments of new investments in projects and companies; the preparation of extensive investment valuation reports and analyses to support firm’s investment activities.
- Financial Modelling: Preparation of real-world financial models to support decision-making by key stakeholders on business valuations, scenario planning, capital budgeting, financial statement analysis, and project finance.
- Research: Preparation Investment memorandum, teasers, pitch books and project information memorandum for presentation to potential investors for specific investments and projects.
- Deal Origination: Origination of new deals / transactions by proactively working with investment banks, Law firms, accounting firms and financial advisory firms in-order to establish the company’s credibility as an investor and co-equity investment partner.
- Deal Execution: Performing thorough due diligence, evaluation of investment, financial, tax, and legal risks; risk mitigation, assessing fair market value of assets and liabilities; and determining feasibility of business plan projections, and available resources.
- Corporate Finance Advisory: Providing analyses and recommendations on complex financial transactions and scenarios, such as mergers & acquisitions, loan origination, Debt restructuring & refinancing, initial public offers & share re-issuance etc.
- Transaction Strategy: Creating and implementing strategy of a transaction, including negotiations, target interaction, and management of M & A documentation.
- Capital Raising: Actively engaging equity and debt capital providers with a view of raising funds for new investments, project development, supporting and improving business cash-flow, restructuring and / or refinancing of debt obligations.
- Relationship Building: Maintain ‘high value’ relationships at a strategic level to identify and build relationships with partners and stakeholders to support long term business development.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Number of deals executed without exposure to risks
- Number of capital investment and project funding secured
- Accuracy and timeliness of risk assessment and valuation report
- Number of new partners & stakeholders
- Accuracy of financial models proposed
- Degree (BSc) in Finance
- MBA in Finance or a Masters in a related discipline
- Financial Accreditation (ICAN, ACCA, CFA, CIMA)
- 10 years’ experience spanning corporate finance and investment banking
- Previous experience working in the energy space
- Strong Organisational skills and Portfolio Management skills
- Executive C-Level Stakeholder Management skills
- Impeccable interpersonal skills (both written and verbal)
- Collaborative Working (Teamwork and team building skills)
- Attention to details – due diligence and thought process implementation
- Strong Financial and Risk Analytical skills