Experience 10 Years +
Qualifications Master’s Degree
We have been engaged to source for a Managing Director to lead the strategy and business operations of their entity in Nigeria.
As the Country Head you will be responsible for directing business strategy towards profitable growth by creating and managing the alignment across the various business units to generate collective success through innovative corporate initiatives.
Our client is a leading Pharmaceutical company who prides itself on driving innovative practices in the market by providing services that tackles the predominant issues surrounding healthcare.
The ideal candidate would be someone who has had a track record of delivering operational excellence and can proactively demonstrate their current and previous experience in scaling businesses both personnel and revenue. The role entails designing and managing processes for scale, managing budgets, and building lasting systems for strong personnel management.
You would be a thought leader and not a boss! Someone who understands it’s pertinent to provide and seek out continuing education opportunities and fostering a growth mindset in order to drive productivity amongst employees. You also pride yourself in your ability to foster an environment where people thrive and deliver their best performance.
- Developing strategic operating plans that reflect the longer-term objectives and priorities established by
- Create and manage alignment across all business units to ensure that there is cross- functional
- Establish new business lines that align with our goal of expanding access to medicine in Nigeria.
- Implement adequate operational planning and financial control
- Instill ownership culture in the achievement of operating objectives and standards of performance across the country leadership team and other
- Track and monitor operating and financial results against plans and
- Take remedial action where necessary and inform management of significant
- Maintain the operational performance of the
- Assume full accountability to management for all country
- Represent the company to major customers and professional associations in
- Build and maintain an effective leadership
- Maintain and create highly structured processes, systems and recommendations with a data-driven approach.
- Closely monitoring the operating and financial results against plans and budgets.
- Taking remedial action where necessary and informing the board of significant changes.
- Maintaining the operational performance of the company.
- Monitoring the actions of the functional board directors.
- Assuming full accountability to the board for all company operations.
- Representing the company to major customers and professional associations.
- Building and maintaining an effective executive team
- Build systems and processes that successfully inform global teams of all top line recurring indicators of success and that explain and troubleshoot any major outliers or obstacles to success.
- Design and implement innovative and engaging programs to drive the evolution of the Nigeria office
- Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or a similar discipline and an MBA or a Masters’ in economics, finance, international development or a related discipline
- 10+ years’ experience as a general manager or senior leadership role in a multinational organisation
- Proven track record scaling businesses including manpower and revenue generation
- Operational excellence and ability to build for scale are key to designing and managing processes for scale, managing budgets, and building lasting systems for strong personnel management.
- Visionary leadership – a thought leader looking at the future of the business and creating a roadmap for delivery both short and long term
- Excellent People Management skills, demonstrating the ability to motivate a workforce
- Effective management and delegation using the “funnel” methodology
- Excellent Communication and negotiation skills
- Thorough understanding and adaptation of a multi-faceted business operation
- Strong financial acumen
- Excellent Planning and forecasting incorporating current and future developing business trends
- In depth knowledge of pharmaceutical, business, and healthcare market as well as changing business environments
- Complex problem-solving abilities – highly data driven using this to make informative and effective business decisions
- Communication skills are key to increasing employee’s effectiveness with both superiors and subordinates
- Leadership skills are pertinent to providing and seeking out continuing education opportunities and fostering a growth mindset. You pride yourself in your ability to foster an environment where people thrive and deliver their best
- Delegation skills are crucial in identifying the best person (or people) for a particular task and act as a facilitator to motivate and direct the work
- Time management skills are important in prioritizing tasks to ensure that projects are completed by deadlines and streamlining processes to maximize productivity
- Negotiation and mediation skills are necessary in finding opportunities to resolve conflicts efficiently and favorably
- Decision-making skills are key to weighing the costs and benefits of various options and determining the best course of action to achieve company goals
- Problem-solving skills are crucial to analyzing past and current performance and recommending objectives to improve productivity and profitability