Experience 10 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
We have been engaged to source for a Nigerian Repatriate General Manager to manage the operations of an Engineering and Technical service provider who has been servicing their diverse client base for over 30 years.
The ideal candidate would be a Nigerian residing abroad, or a recent returnee
As the General Manager, you will oversee and coordinate the daily processes and operations across the various business units. The core objective of this position is to grow the brand’s profitability, ensure its seamless operations by implementing performance-measured initiatives and key performance indicators.
As the focal point of the business for both internal and external stakeholders; The General Manager will ensure the creation, development and implementation of a clear strategic plan designed to grow each unit of the business and increase the effectiveness of the management team by communicating values, strategies, and objectives while assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results of staff;
The ideal candidate would be someone who is a business forecaster and can demonstrate the ability to understand and identify business trends and forecasts into the future of the business, the economy, its effect on the market and make investment recommendations.
- Support the development of a healthy internal culture that retains key employees and encourages their professional development
- Coordinate the development of key performance goals for functions and direct reports.
- Provide direct management of key functional managers and executives in the business unit.
- Ensure the development of tactical programs to pursue targeted goals and objectives.
- Ensure overall delivery and quality of the unit’s offerings to customers.
- Engage in key or targeted customer activities.
- Evaluate and decide upon key investments in equipment, infrastructure and must justify significant investments as well as changes in key strategies or personnel.
- Engage with corporate officers in broader organizational strategic planning.
- Develops strategic plan by studying technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives.
- Accomplishes subsidiary objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
- Coordinates efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing, field, and technical services policies and practices; coordinating actions with corporate staff.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- BSc degree preferably in engineering/ quantity surveying/ architecture but not necessarily.
- Minimum 12 years post qualification and post NYSC experience.
- Minimum of 10 years related work experience, with a minimum of 5 years in middle management level
- Basic understanding of the technicalities of every department/units of the business
- Compulsory Project Management qualification (PMP/PRINCE2) and experience in using the tools
- Comfortable with engineering terms and excellent numeric skills
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Good people development, management and leadership skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and engage all levels of people across the spectrum
- Ability to oversee all areas of the organization and also be heavy on business development
- Experience with tendering for contracts techno commercial issues
- Exposure to site work, not necessarily in the M&E industry but preferably
- Large network of contacts to be evidenced by where he has worked before and what roles he has played
- Strong and confident leader, focused, organized, multitasker
- Possess high quality Management Proficiency.
- Strategic Planning, Coordination and Coaching skills,
- Entrepreneurial skills and business acumen
- Process Improvement, Quality Management
- Digital & Technology savvy
- Challenge conventional wisdom, innovative and able to think outside the box
- Demonstrate adaptability, a willingness to learn new skills and commitment to exceptional delivery
- Large network of contacts to be evidenced by where he has worked before and what roles he has played.
- Understand the importance of following process
- Demonstrate strong self-drive