Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
We have been engaged to identify a Pilot Programme Manager to drive the expansion of a socio-economic organisation who is passionate about eradicating poverty and committed to achieve sustainable development goals.
The ideal candidate would be someone who has extensive experience working in a start-up environment and handle evolving situations well, while developing the capacity of your team members for future challenges; all while looking for new ways to improve the lives in rural communities.We are looking for someone who can get their hands dirty, and work alongside their team in a collaborative spirit. Someone who is more comfortable behind the desk than in the field would struggle with this role
Leading various teams you will be responsible for multiplying the team size within the next 3-4 years ensuring that the organisations objective for the region are met.
Reporting to the Director of Expansion, the Pilot Programme Manager will oversee the strategy on its path scaling up their current and predicted operations for 2020 to over 10,000 by 2023.
To reach this goal, you will guide an impassioned team of motivated professionals to understand and meet the demands of their clients, and create meaningful impact within rural communities.
Lead the pilot
- You will oversee strategy and lead the pilot program, guiding its pursuit of a scalable model.
- Determine the pilot’s strategy in Niger State and set the long-term vision for the brand in Nigeria.
- Bottom-up planning to set program goals and track the metrics necessary to meet them
- Experiment with products, services, and tech-based innovations to maximize the impact their products have on communities
- Manage external relations with federal and local government, and important partners:
Collaborate with global teams for support and information sharing
- Build relationships with external partners and government entities for future collaboration
- Represent the brand to external organizations
Build the team
- Invest in a diverse and inclusive team of proficient professionals who can bring about transformative change to the lives of our customers, by adapting the global business model to the Nigerian context.
- Oversee the recruitment, onboarding, performance management and growth of the Nigeria Pilot team
- Directly manage 4-6 Associate-level team leaders
- Influence the culture of the program as it grows from 35 team members to +100
- Degree in a relatable discipline
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, International Development, Logistics or Supply Chain Management, Human Resource Management, or related fields preferred
- 6+ years of professional work experience in Nigeria, with experience leading diverse teams
- Experience in agri-business, new market unit, or a start-up environment in rural markets preferred
- Experience collaborating across diverse teams and time-zones
- Excellent people Management skills and the ability to work and manage in a collaborative management style.
- Demonstrable stakeholder management – must be able to liaise with people, leaders, and notable figures within rural communities as well as global corporate teams across the organisation
- Ability to interpret data to make informed leadership decisions and improve execution
- Committed to the mission of eradicating food insecurity across Nigeria
- Willing to get your shoes muddy and work productively alongside anyone, from farmers to technical subject experts
- Use data to guide decisions and improve execution
- High proficiency with Google Suites, including Microsoft Excel (can perform complex functions)
- Fluency in English essential, fluency in Hausa preferred