Experience 5 Years
We have been engaged to identify a Pricing and Margin Associate for a leading pharmaceutical brand that is driven by innovation.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Pricing and Margin Associate will be responsible for developing and managing the pricing strategy for their range of products. This will also involve developing a strategy for collation and use of market information & customer data to inform pricing decisions as well as maintaining pricing databases across all facilities. This is a role that sits between sales and finance so you should be able to demonstrate your inter-departmental relationship management skills., and the capability of collaborating and building strong relationships internally and externally in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate would be someone who assumes accountability, is results orientated, and demonstrates a strong analytical acumen and approach. You would also have a thorough understanding and proven experience of implementing various pricing strategies including value-based pricing and assess pricing and market access risks associated with any price changes.
- Develops and manages the pricing strategy for all the pharmaceutical products.
- Developing a strategy for collation and use of market information & customer data to inform pricing decisions as well as maintaining pricing databases across all facilities.
- Implement various pricing strategies including value-based pricing and assess pricing and market access risks associated with any price changes.
- Present pricing analysis at monthly strategy meetings, with insights, trends, and suggestions. Provides insight into reports developed, highlighting areas of success, and lost opportunity.
- Drives improvements in margin through weekly verbal and written communications with the teams including upselling of margin optimized lines to improve mix, margin, and profitability.
- Drives improvements in sales: Weekly review to ensure that targeted customer, category and product margins are achieved.
- Proactively gathers market data for pricing new products. Reviews market trends for pricing opportunities to optimize revenues.
- Reviews and approves prices outside agreed price bands.
- Contributes value-added perspectives or advisory services that are important to decision making.
- Supports project work as required across the team e.g. gathering pricing and market pricing intelligence.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, research, statistics, math, economics, or related analytical discipline preferred.
- 5+ years of professional experience within pricing strategy development, sales, trading, commercial or in a retail business environment.
- Strong use of analytics, user research, and business cases to drive decisions and improve product pricing.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines.
- A strong work ethic and a proactive “can do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
- A self-starter who can successfully manage a diverse set of concurrent initiatives to
- create strong business outcomes.
- Capable of collaborating and building strong relationships internally and externally
- Accountable and results orientated, with strong analytical acumen and approach.
- Can make decisions and solve issues despite a high amount of ambiguity.
- Proficient Excel skills, and ability to manipulate and interpret complex data files.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills: Ability to work between sales and finance
- People management skills: Able to develop and motivate direct reports.
- Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Experience in the health domain either working with multinational pharmaceutical companies, clinician settings, Tech, Retail, FMCG or other healthcare services is a plus.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and enjoys working within a fast-paced environment.