Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
We have been engaged to source for an experienced Regional Head to spear head the business operations in Abuja and the Northern Region.
Reporting to the CEO, the Regional Head would lead the expansion and development of the business for the different market segments and customer categories resulting into healthy development of the pipeline.
As Regional Head, Retail & Center Operations, you will be responsible for providing strategic leadership direction and support to the retail, center & lots operations, business expansion, trade development, revenue enhancement activities, and development of a result-oriented culture across the region dedicated to improving sales & business operations performance, as well as ensuring standardized operating procedures and compliance across the business in Abuja & the Northern Nigeria
This is an integral role within the business while having a pivotal role in driving new business success. The successful candidate would be empowered to make decisions on all aspects of the efficient running of a defined group of regions/centers within the guidelines set by the company. It is the mission of the Regional Head, Retail & Center Operations to provide the sales and service oversight and foresight to the business and bring us even greater growth across assigned region in Nigeria.
The senior leadership team are driven, passionate individuals who possess excellent credentials, have quality work experience across reputable companies and have come together to do the most phenomenal work of their lives. With over 60 years of combined experience and from varied backgrounds, our team shares the same vision and common values.
- Lead a young and motivated regional team (up to 70+ people) to become the go-to used cars inspection centers in different cities across Nigeria.
- Responsible for expanding, sustaining and growing the region’s revenues with P&L responsibilities.
- Define business strategy within assigned regions.
- Drive alignment on the mission, goals/ targets, of the business, ensuring clarity of information to teams on why and how of what must be done.
- Work with the CEO and other Heads of units to influence the creation and communication of company strategy, business priorities and targets for the regional center operations teams.
- Has full P&L accountability for a geographical group of centers.
- Generate ideas about future retail & center operations activities to ensure a cutting-edge strategy; lead expansion activities & maintain up to date knowledge of the used car market place, possible competitors and trends.
- Influence and support the retail & sales element of the annual budget process ensuring understanding and buy in from the management & center operations team. Constantly review financial data and support the Territory Managers in providing realistic input into the sales budgets for each center.
- Take decisions on matters relating to the day to day center operations within their defined region including the strategic planning of resources
- Ensure that the center operations teams comply to all policies and procedures relating to Security, Health and Safety; influence any changes necessary to meet statutory requirements, ensuring minimum risk to staff members across the centers nationwide and the business.
- Spend time in inspection centers & car lots with the center operations teams and customers to understand and identify business critical issues to ensure the alignment of tactics and strategies; maintaining the corporate identity across all centers
- Take a lead role in building a strong sales & customer service management culture with the center operations teams; spend time coaching Territory Managers, and identifying skills and opportunities for development
- Proactively manage and review the performance and progress of Territory Managers and their centers, set objectives and targets; work with Head of Customer Operations & the Training Manager to develop individual training plans for the teams
- Regularly produce and present a range of financial/non-financial reports for the CEO as required
- Ensure value proposition is delivered consistently in the company and across all assigned centers; ensuring that the customer experience is flawless
- Deliver sales growth programs in the most cost-effective manner
- Develop and monitor revenue models and the appropriate research to support the company in its marketing and growth strategy
- Responsible for ensuring the delivery of the KPIs in relation to the number of customers and revenue
- Support the delivery of group key financial targets
- Designate market in line with the regional commercial strategy that would ensure attainment of company sales goals and profitability
- Increase market share and provide sales leadership within the assigned region
- Manage sales and growth activities exceeding annual business plan
- Work closely with regional teams to ensure the highest standard of service quality across all assigned centers
- Lead, guide, evaluate & develop sales capability to satisfy short, medium and long-term succession plans
- Raise awareness of company capabilities and assets to customers and geographical regions
- Provide detailed sales reports on key performance criteria to the CEO and other management team; ensuring accurate monthly forecasts
- Responsible for the commercial success of the region as defined by sales levels targets
- Initiate and coordinate development of action plans to penetrate new markets within assigned region
- Control expenses to meet budget guidelines across assigned regions
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the teams across assigned region(s)
- Responsible for the performance management of the region’s team
- Minimum of master’s degree in a business-related degree
- Relevant certifications
- At least 8 years of leadership experience, ideally running a large sales team across multiple regions or territories
- Solid experience of leading a high performing sales team or overseeing territory performance in consumer goods or B2B
- Proven ability to lead a large territory and/or regional teams
- Superior knowledge and experience in growing bottom line
- Strong knowledge on self-directed projects
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to influence at a senior level and gain the confidence across all areas of the company
- Very strong client/customer/vendor contacts, ideally at senior level across Nigeria
- Extensive experience across functional lines including commercial sales, marketing and operations
- Demonstrate superior management skills to effectively lead and manage the team
- Proven delivery of sales result
- High-level experience of customer negotiations
- Evidence of budget control and strong demonstration of financial expertise
- Start-up experience is desired