Experience 6 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
We have been engaged to identify a Senior Copywriter for an award-winning international Marketing and Advertising Agency. Their unique business model breathes innovation into the market they work to drive change from the inside out and help their clients build better solutions, and systems to dominate their market share.
As a talented conceptual copywriter, you will join a dynamic team to create amazing work for one of their major international beverage clients, based in Nigeria. These include but are not limited to: TTL campaigns, social media campaigns, eCommerce, digital campaigns, and shopper marketing.
The ideal candidate would have a combined understanding of trends inherent to the creative, beverage and retail industry with a varied skillset that will include conceptual thinking, copywriting, research, script writing, understanding of social and ecommerce platforms and their ways of working and content project planning.
We are looking for an expert storyteller who is able to find interesting and engaging ways of dramatizing subject matter in a digitally savvy way. This role is for rockstars with an entrepreneurial mindset who breathe innovation to take their premium beverage client to market domination.
- Ideate as well as write copy for digital platforms, shopper and any other copy needs within the project
- Master a variety of brand voices to target a diverse audience through various digital marketing and advertising channels
- Conceptualise/Digitalise engaging visual stories for Social Media Strategies Instagram Reels, TikTok etc.
- Work within a team of creatives to bring to bring the project scope to life
- Carry out project scoping and create a clear brief, in order to ensure you understand what the client wants
- Tailor from scratch od develop existing template for the content and style of individual writing assignments according to their purpose – whether they are intended to sell or inform
- understand your target audience – you’re not writing for the client, you’re writing for their readers, so you’ll need to know what interests them
- identify key messages – understand the main thing that you want the reader to feel and do and how to communicate this powerfully
- work with creative teams to ensure that the visual elements of the webpage complement the words
- Provide solutions to on-going client pain points
- Present work to Client when required.
- Sit in strategy sessions with Client where necessary.
- Develop an effective working relationship with colleagues and Client.
- An undergraduate degree in Mass Communications, Journalism, or copywriting.
- A postgraduate degree in these subjects can be an advantage.
- Professional Marketing, Advertising and related accreditations are an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in the advertising, marketing, or design sectors especially in an in-house agency environment.
- Strong experience creating TTL campaigns.
- The ability to think conceptually across multiple mediums and a powerful grasp of how content can play out across multiple mediums.
- Able to use data and insight to inform creative.
- Able to create new content from existing canvases
- A flair for words.
- Beverage experience advantageous.
- Excellent teamwork and time management skills.
- Good attention to detail, ability to quality check your own work, a proactive attitude and good communication skills.
- Experience of publishing through ecommerce channels, social media channels and content management systems advantageous.
- Experience in spearheading the strategic leadership of FMCG accounts preferably beverages, and spirits would be a major advantage
- Conceptual thinking, Copy/Design/Art Direction for all forms of digital content, shopper, as well as understand motion design, social and ecommerce platforms, and their ways of working.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation skills in order to make outstanding pitches
- Plenty of creative ideas and an understanding of the clients’ vision