Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
We have been engaged to identify a Senior Solutions Architect for an innovative transportation brand who use 21st century technology at the core of their operations and imbibe a business model that promotes digital transformation across the mobility space.
As a Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Senior Solution Architect, you will be part of the Professional Services team, and you will be guiding our client on their digital Cloud transformation journey and helping them solve their business needs. As a point of experience for the Google Cloud Platform services, you will lead the technical leadership for solutions and architectures.
The GCP Senior Solution Architect will provide advisory leadership for aligning the brand and their customer needs, with delivery excellence by working with account/project teams and by engaging into different projects. With extensive experience working with cloud technologies, and a diverse background in cloud solutions covering cloud migration, IaaS and PaaS development, big data and analytics. As a GCP Senior Solution Architect, you will serve as the technical lead, use case demonstrations, develop proof-of-concept (POC) and deliver small project services in a variety of areas.
- Work directly with the engineering team to understand their requirements, business drivers, strategies, architectures, cloud adoption roadmaps, operating models, KPI and defined product specifications in-line with recommended best-practice architectures to achieve positive business outcomes
- From concept to delivery: you liaise closely with our implementation teams and provide industry expertise for successfully deploying large scale digital solutions in the enterprise
- Responsible for the cloud solution scoping process you also generate estimates, develop proposal approaches, and prepare SOWs
- Evangelize Cloud computing expertise internally and externally to drive GCP Adoption
- Architecture design of holistic Cloud ecosystem with a focus on GCP capabilities and features
- Work with engineering and support teams to develop reusable solutions and IP you will create detailed target state technical, security, data and operational architectures and design blueprints incorporating modern data technologies and cloud data services
- Proven record as a senior level Cloud Architect, influencing strategy across multiple applications, ideally firm-wide
- Proven ability to lead and drive GCP Cloud Architecture Strategy discussions, working with both technical and non-technical stakeholders to Board level
- Knowledge of GCP terminology and services
- Detailed understanding of DR and application reliability in relation to GCP adoption
- Consult stakeholders on system architecture and infrastructure level
- As a key member of the team, ensure success in designing, building, optimizing, transforming, or otherwise migrating applications, software, and services on GCP
- Define and deliver on-site (when permissible) technical engagements with customers. This includes understanding requirements, proposing, and delivering packaged offerings, MVP or delivering custom solution engagements
- Work closely with the relevant stakeholders to assure successful delivery of the project/product. Contribute to the definition of project timeline, milestones and deliverables, effort, and budget estimations for developing and implementing solutions.
- Provide technical leadership to help internal staff and customers learn and use GCP services
- Lead the development of a GCP Cloud practice in region, recruit and onboard new employees
- Develop and run mentoring support and guidance to team members to help grow skills and capabilities of the GCP practice
- Manage the KPIs of the growing GCP practice in driving excellence.
- Take full advantage of the training and developmental support to grow technically and personally; to nurture a better you.
- Author, participate and contribute to the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content, and new reference (e.g. white papers, PoCs, success stories, code samples)
- BSc (hons) level technical degree required; MBA/MSc is desirable
- Hands-on experience with Cloud Architecture Design and a ‘hands on’ approach from an engineering or infrastructure background
- Experience working in a customer-facing role up to CxO level
- 6+ years of experience in architecting, developing, and deploying enterprise applications, with Google Cloud technology stack preferred
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies
- Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (e.g., security, privacy, GDPR etc.)
- Good analytical skills in linking technical and commercial implications. Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Experience evaluating the technical resources required
- Strong presentational skills and ability to lead technical and business level conversations. With experience in presenting ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language, to diverged audiences
- Outline the dependencies and skills required to deliver solutions
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with a high degree of comfort dealing with clients, PMs, Account teams, Enterprise Architects, and development teams
- Google Platform certification – Professional Cloud Architect or willing to get that based on already being certified in other clouds like AWS or Azure
- Experience designing, building, migrating, refactoring, or operating large scale and impactful IT systems/workloads/applications – either on premises or in the cloud
- Experience in the concepts of DevOps and the development life cycle (CI/CD)
- Demonstrated experience building large-scale architectures involving public/hybrid cloud platforms and on-premises technologies to meet business requirements
- Working knowledge of cloud native architectures
- Demonstrate domain expertise when collaborating on cross platform projects with teams responsible for Network, Desktop & Cloud
- Proven networking ability and ability to build partnerships – to support the growth of the Cloud practice
- Discern new opportunity areas to get engaged in and propose solutions
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly