Experience 10 Years +
Qualifications Master’s Degree
We have been engaged to identify a Technical Assistant/Strategic Ventures Team Lead for our client, a private and entrepreneurial Gas, Power, and Infrastructure Development Company who has seen great success designing and implementing power projects across Sub-Sahara Africa. As a major player in their market, they have formed strategic alliances with global players in the Power, Energy, Oil & Gas Market to dominate their market share as a brand of choice.
Reporting to the Chairman, the Technical Assistant/Strategic Ventures Team Lead will assist the Chairman in making decisions on important issues by representing him at high profile meetings, summarizing large and complex reports to actionable points and coordinate a wide range of executives on his behalf by managing a broad variety of administrative tasks. The Technical Assistant/Strategic Ventures will provide analytical and strategic insights, developing strategy, business development, due diligence and mergers and acquisitions for a variety of special projects and assignments in Africa and other qualifying countries.
- Lead a portfolio of transactions, existing key client accounts, developing a trusted advisor relationship with key stakeholders and executives spanning multiple geographies on behalf of the organization.
- Proactively expand the company’s network of global strategic financial and technical partner relationships by identifying and cultivating prospective new strategic relationships, directly as well as enabling the company’s leadership to bring a constant focus on deepening existing relationships.
- Identify and execute strategic partnerships for greenfield, brownfields, and mergers and acquisitions opportunities from ‘prospect’ to commercial success and promote the continual articulation of the company’s, success stories, service offerings, strategy, performance and impact to the wider community.
- Improve and refine processes, tools and support systems that will create an effective and efficient commercial organization to enable the organization lead and provoke discussions on innovation and opportunities within the energy and power sector
- Develop an intimate understanding of the external marketplace to continuously monitor direction and performance of the industry in order to support and promote the continual articulation of the company’s, success stories, service offerings, strategy, performance and impact to the wider community.
- Assist the Chairman with daily administrative duties and completes a broad variety of administrative tasks that include managing an active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports, composing and preparing correspondences, arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, agendas and compiling documents for meetings.
- Prepare an account of the meetings designates and follow up on assigned action items. Also assist in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings for the company.
- Prepares and manages communication materials including electronic files, power point presentations and meeting documents for the Chairman in preparation for strategic meetings with the ability to proofread for spelling and grammar.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Number of new strategic and financial partners identified and added to the existing database.
- Number of mergers and acquisition opportunities closed out.
- Zero tolerance to Chairman missing out on important engagements by effectively organizing and managing the Chairman’s schedules and itinerary.
- Zero tolerance to missing out on timelines for action items delegated to follow up
- Smooth coordination between office of the Chairman and internal/ external stakeholders.
- MBA with a degree from the technical/engineering background
- 10 years+’ experience providing support for upper-level management within a corporate setting, preferably in the oil & gas, energy or power industry.
- Knowledge of the Energy and power Industry is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of other languages such as French is an added advantage.