Experience 10 Years +
Qualifications Master’s Degree
We have been engaged to identify a Treasury Management & Financial Controller for our client, a private and entrepreneurial Gas, Power, and Infrastructure Development Company who has seen great success designing and implementing power projects across Sub-Sahara Africa. As a major player in their market, they have formed strategic alliances with global players in the Power, Energy, Oil & Gas Market to dominate their market share as a brand of choice.
Reporting to the SVP Finance, Treasury Management & Financial Controller will be responsible for optimising cash flow, creating financial reports, preparing financial forecast, verifying figures, managing bank accounts, maintaining financial records, performing banking operations, providing financial advice and handling the cash management system of the organisation.
- Monitor and manage the Company’s daily cash position in a timely and accurate manner by prioritizing the development of the daily cash position, creating the daily open payable/receivable and balance Roll-forward, ensuring settlement of the day’s transactions, reconciling daily variances and escalating issues to management as appropriate for cash flow optimization.
- Processes cash disbursement requests, prioritizes, stages the item for payment, and proactively plans for contingencies and propose improvements for cash impact analysis, by preparing liquidity forecast.
- Developing, Structuring and Managing alternative investments in and out of the Oil, Gas & Power Sectors (FinTech, Real Estate Development, Equity Markets etc)
- Supports company-wide internal control objectives for Treasury by identifying key risks, adhering to controls, documenting controls for compliance and testing, assisting in the preparation of control self-assessments, and remediating any control gaps.
- Interface with external banking institutions by acting as initial point of contact for issue resolution and escalate issues to management for resolution when necessary.
- Manage investment accounts, arrange for debt financing and create detailed reports showing gains and losses, incoming and outgoing figures.
- Work with business unit directorates to build financial models that provide insight to assist leadership in making key business decisions associated with cash management and forecasting.
- Budgeting, short, medium- and long-term cash flow Forecasting
- Develop and maintain Internal control & risk management systems by ensuring compliance with financial regulations, maintain appropriate insurance coverage and report to the audit committee of to the board of directors.
- Financial reporting: assist in formulating and implementing company strategic initiatives, develop tax strategy and performance measures that support company’s strategic direction.
- Operations: Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems, arrange and supervise the fee collection, establish and implement the financial procedures and operational best practices monthly.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Cash visibility percentage estimation.
- Percentage forecast error by business unit.
- Funding buffer.
- Cost of funds performance.
- Investment portfolio liquidity.
- University degree in finance, accounting, Economics, or other related disciplines
- MBA or MSC in a related discipline
- Finance accreditation (ACCA, CIMA, ICAN, CITN and other related accreditations and memberships)
- Experienced in investment banking and or energy infrastructure development, financing and financial operations
- 10 years post graduate experience, out of which 3 years should have been spent in a related function preferably in the utility or Oil & Gas industry or Investment Banking sector
- Use of other Accounting Software like ERP, Sage etc.
- Knowledge of tax policies & practices, global investment banking practice
- Understanding of project financing, treasury management, financial operations management, and business contracts
- Excellent Executive Stakeholder Management Skills
- Detailed Orientated and core Financial Management and Analytical skills
- Excellent Report Writing and Presentation skills