Experience 15 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
We have been engaged to identify a VP IT Director for an innovative transportation brand who use 21st century technology at the core of their operations and imbibe a business model that promotes digital transformation across the mobility space.
The VP IT Director would be responsible for the enterprise-wide transformation of Information Technology (IT) across the organisation, with a focus on managing technical projects, launching systems and using technology to increase efficiency and productivity in a cost-efficient manner.
You will lead the planning, development, and implementation of an IT strategy that meets business needs, as well as deliver optimal return on investment, and maintains utmost security.
The ideal candidate would be a core strategist who has led cross-functional teams to implement innovative solutions that ensures infrastructure excellence. You would also have a solid IT background in various elements of support, development, architecture, and security.
As an executive leader, you must have a strong strategic and business acumen to foresee technology-led trends and keep the brand one step ahead. Your mission as the VP IT Director is to ensure that information technology adds the maximum value to the organisation in order to facilitate the achievement of their strategic objectives. You will need to be agile, responding promptly to keep up with the ever-evolving organizational needs.
- Set objectives and strategies for the IT department
- Develop IT policies, procedures and best practices
- Develop and enforce IT best practices across the organization
- Establish long-term IT and information systems needs and plans and develop strategies for developing systems and acquiring software and hardware necessary to meet those needs
- Select and implement suitable technology to streamline all internal operations and help optimize their strategic benefits
- Plan the implementation of new systems and provide guidance to IT professionals and other staff within the organization
- Approve purchases of technological equipment and software and establish partnerships with IT providers
- Oversee the technological infrastructure (networks and computer systems) in the organization to ensure optimal performance
- Assist as top-level contact for end users in determining IS requirements and/or solutions
- Direct and organize IT-related projects
- Oversee relationships with vendors, contractors and service providers
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain competitive advantage
- Collaborate with members of the leadership team to identify ways in which IT can assist the company in achieving business and financial goals
- Analyse the costs, value and risks of information technology to advise management and suggest actions
- Ensure compliance with government regulations that apply to systems operations
- Measure and track key performance metrics
- Manage IT staff and develop IT department goals
- Develop and oversee the IT budget
- Build a strong team and delegate effectively
- Motivate, develop and inspire an enthusiastic team to achieve remarkable results
- Implement a systematic 1 on 1 feedback and performance review system
- Coach team members to deliver exceptional results
- A degree in IT, computer science, management information systems, IT management, project management or its equivalent is helpful
- Previous working experience as an Information Technology senior leader or similar leadership role.
- Proficiency in establishing IT services framework and IT security policies
- Ability to recruit and manage IT staff members
- Hands-on experience with complex project management
- Large Budget management skills.
- Aptitude for customer engagement analysis
- Ability to establish partnerships with service providers and vendors
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, organizational and time-management skills.
- Effective negotiation and vendor management skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong leadership skills; extensive experience in managing and mobilizing cross -functional teams.
- Talented, innovative and creative thought leader.
- Personable and collegiate
- Able to lead multidisciplinary teams
- Has a strong vision of the future and the role technology plays
- Sees the big picture and works consistently towards a shared vision